1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dude, Where's My Avatar?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by tumbleweed, Aug 26, 2006.

1. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sorry if this has already been answered but I didn't see anything on it. I noticed my avatar, and some others as well, seems to be missing from recent posts. How can I get it back? thanks

2. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tumbleweed @ Aug 26 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]309745[/snapback]</div>
    Yep! mine was missing too----I just added a new and different one---and it works but I wish I had the old one that I lost and have no file of it on my computer.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Let's see if mine is here....the site was hacked and all uploaded files since at least March are gone so you may have to re-upload anything from then. Suspect we're going to find lots of little things screwed up for a while.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There are close to 10,000 attachments that I'm uploading right now - avatars for the most part should not be missing for the most part.

Uploading all of these attachments is going to take some time, but like Evan said, we will not have anything since March, so if you added an attachment to a post since then, you might want to go ahead and re-attach it.

Danny

5. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    OK thanks Danny. Let us know when you are finished with the upload, if it's still gone I'll create a new one. Like B Rad I don't have the old one any more, but I do still have the dog so I can take a new picture.

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I found yours and went ahead and re-posted it for you, Tumbleweed.

7. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thank you so much, Danny, and thank you to Evan for notifying you (if you hadn't seen the problem yourself first!) We know you're busy - even a forum owner is entitled to a personal life - and we all appreciate this forum. Drat the destructive idiots who hack!

8. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well that sucks because I dont have any of my pictures that I posted. :( Damn hackers I hope they get caught and DIE! :angry:

Danny if you could let us know when your finished uploading. :)

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

My avatar is a really old one, but it is scaled to the dimensions of the newest one. Seems that different parts of the site were recreated from different times....

10. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Aug 26 2006, 08:50 AM) [snapback]309758[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks a lot Danny. :)

11. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine is gone too...whassup?

12. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Mine's back, but it's the old one, and I can't change it.

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Aug 26 2006, 06:38 PM) [snapback]309908[/snapback]</div>
    Me too. I try to go to Profile Options on my profile page, but there is a javascript error preventing me from going any further.

14. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AND I even tried to link to mine offsite, and get error messages... :(

15. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My avatar looked fine after the hack... but shortly after I read this thread it disappeared!!!!

Probably just hadn't cleared my cache or something ;)

I've also noticed that drop-down menus aren't working now e.g. "Prius Accessories - Features - Community" at the top. Anyone else see that?

16. marjam

marjam Member

Thank you to Danny for doing a magnificent job of restoring as much as he has. It is less than 24 hours since a major hacking of the site brought PriusChat down. Not everything is working yet but I am sure Danny is on it. Between his new car and a soon-to-be new wife let's give the guy a break in how long it takes to get everything working again.

17. dragonfire_777

dragonfire_777 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjam @ Aug 26 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]309999[/snapback]</div>
    Many thanks to Danny. I know there's still stuff to fix but great job getting the site back up and running.

18. cagemo

cagemo Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    my avatar is gone. no wonder

19. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny if you have time to read and respond to this I was wondering doesn't your web host make backups of the site on a regular basis? If not I would consider switching to a different company. My host DreamHost makes backups hourly and you can retrieve the previous 2 hours, previous 2 days or previous 2 weeks. This comes in handy if you accidentally delete something or get hacked. I think the only thing they don't back up is the sql end of my site but that I can easily backup myself with an sql dump.

By the way DreamHost I believe is now in the top 5 hosting company's. They have GREAT support, TONS of features even on their basic plan, gobs of space and bandwidth, and they are very cheap for what they provide. I've been with them for I think about 6 years now and I love them. I even managed to get their business package for $9.95mo for life when they had a special going. :D :D You can even sign up and get referrals to pay for your hosting.

Enough of my lame advertisement now. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your hard work on getting the site back up and I hope you get the site back up in fully working condition soon. After that you can take a good long vacation. :D

20. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    And if you're self-hosting, or your host is willing to take suggestions, rsnapshot is the tool to use (for *nix-based hosts). It uses rsync to make hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly backups, and uses hard links to files when the content hasn't changed, so the space required for all backups is the same as one complete copy plus deltas. AND it's open source, so I'm not adertising for anyone ;)

And yes, thank you for keeping the site running. I've frequented forums that have not done nearly so well after being h4x3d.