1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Due Date

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Red Ginger, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Red Ginger

Red Ginger New Member

We've ordered our Prius (Barcelona #8) and have been told by the dealership (Servco in Hawaii) to expect delivery mid-April. At our request, the salesperson just sent additional written information about our particular vehicle including the VIN number. The printout indicates "Expected Delivery 03-21-06" (this date has, of course, already passed). Does this mean my vehicle is at the dealership being prepped? Does this mean the date the car was delivered to the docks to be shipped to Hawaii? Any guesses?

And, by the way, does anyone know where vehicles shipped to Hawaii are produced? Japan? U.S. mainland? (Our Mazda MPV was produced in Japan and shipped to Hawaii, just wondering if same is true for Prii).

We're on pins and needles until our car gets here, enjoying all we read on Priuschat until it arrives. Thanks to everyone for your helpful posts (and for a minute there, earlier today, I thought I was really "Chatter of the Year . . .).

Aloha

2. momfortheenvironment

sorry no help here, but I just had to congratulate you on your little one, its so hard when go past the due date!

3. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    All Priuses are currently produced in Japan.

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

You'd better call them. It could simply be a typo.

Congrats! (In case you don't post when you get it).

Can the portion of us living north of the Texas/Oklahoma border come and visit you when your baby comes? We'll bring baby gifts and promise not to trample your lawn... :rolleyes:

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Let us know when your boat comes in! :D

6. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The boat with your Prius might have arrived but it still needs to clear customs/paperwork, have hundreds of cars unloaded and transported to Sand Island so Servco can prep them in the order they were purchased. I think it takes about 3 weeks for that to happen after the boat comes in. It's probably sitting at Sand Island now. Take the first left after West Marine (across and down the street from Kilgo's) and than the second or third chain link gate on the right to get to the prep center. They don't really want you cruising around in there, but I found mine in there in Dec. to see what the leather was going to look like. Also saw the new Camrys before they hit the showrooms.

Now do you know when the rain is going to go away? :D

7. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Ginger @ Mar 30 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]232250[/snapback]</div>
    Since you have your VIN number, the 11th digit shows the factory.
    3: Toyota Tsutsumi plant, Japan
    7: Toyota Auto Body Fujimatsu plant, Japan

Ken@Japan

8. Red Ginger

Red Ginger New Member

She's here and she's beautiful. We are happy! :)