1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Duke Employee Discounts on Hybrid's

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Falcon, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Falcon

Falcon New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I finally may have a deal for a new 2010 Prius V in Blizzard Pearl with Advanced Technology Package. I have been working with a dealer in North Carolina and just found out by a co-worker about the Duke Employee Discount.

The discount is for any Hybrid Prius, Camry, and Highlander. Its 3% over invoice plus tax (3% of purchase price, 59+/- for tags, 499 procurement fee)

I just sent this to the dealer I hope to hear back soon, I can’t believe this if I did my math right it works out to be about $903.00 :eek:over invoice for just shy of 31,000.00 for the car that is loaded!

I hope other Duke Employee’s read this. I let you all know what I get back from the dealer:cheer2:

2. rfruth

rfruth Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Duke energy !? Wait till Rick Perry hears ;)

3. Falcon

Falcon New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry I guess I should have said Duke University

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    That $499 procurement fee almost washes out that discount, or takes a significant chunk out of it.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    At the level of the Prius V with Advanced Tech Package, the difference between Invoice and MSRP is around 9.2%. To pay 3% over Invoice plus a $499 "procurement fee" is a really good price.

However, at the Prius II level with no options, the difference between Invoice and MSRP is only around 5.25%. In that instance, a $499 procurement fee will eat up all of the 3% over Invoice discount.