1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dumb Forums...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

http://www.soapchat.net/

Ok, these people are flat out freaky nuts. They all went into an uproar when I posted which surving members of Dallas were likely to die soon, and in what order. You should have seen all the comments amongst the lines of: "Oh my God, that's HORRIBLE! How could you post something so malicious and evil?!!"

For chrissakes, relax folks...

...and I thought I was being rather tame.

Of course, it really went over well when I posted, "Relax folks, it's ONLY a TV show..."

I could almost feel the virtual dishes being thrown at my head.

These are the type of people that sit around, watch tv all the time, and partake in televangelism. I'll bet that board is full of super right wing fanatics. I'm talking about the scary ones that would form lynch mobs in the name God when they catch some gay guys kissing and in an effort to drive Satan out of them, then proceed to burn the Devil's seed from the mother's womb...

Sadly, that's what I picture most of America like. TV Land zombies with TV Guides right next to the Bible, both of equal importance.

2. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Squid you are just crazy this week!! Did the dog die? Girl friend left? Maybe you should go rock climbing instead of stirring up all these pots!!!
    Need a little Zyprexa??

Aren't the shows they posted there like DONE? As in off the air? What the heck have they got to talk about when ther is nothing going on?? Will the old shows just miraculously change.....ahh you did include religion in that so maybe they are asking god to come and change the story lines.....

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Um, a Dallas chat? You have *way* too much time on your hands.

4. Mystery Squid

:lol:

See, I don't watch TV.

I had my cable shut off well over a year ago, as there's generally nothing worthwhile to watch, and I have better things to do.

However, I do like odd movies, and oddly, Dallas. I was too young to appreciate it, and since it came out on DVD (along with just about every other damn 70's/80's show), I got hooked, and bought all 4 seasons on DVD. Hey, we all have our vices right? So I figured it might be fun to have wacky discussions, but damn, those people take it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously for that. There are actually people out there who believe Jr and Sue Ellen should be married "forever"....

I like wacky off the wall stuff, strange people, weird urges, and strange fluids, but these TV zombies REALLY freak me out...

5. Mystery Squid

Wow!

We agree again!

6. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    After that nullo thing, I'm not clicking on anymore urls that you create threads for. Nunh unh. <_<

7. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

soooo.....you say you do what for a living?.... <_<

8. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

hey...I got an idear....Squid, since you have a keen knack for finding these things and are very "convincing" at blending in,...find us a good Bubba-type, Mopar-huggin, he-man website and troll for us.

Then, send us a link so we can see you in action!

That would be a hoot :lol:

9. Mystery Squid

Wimp!

:p

10. Mystery Squid

...troll message boards.

And?

(work's just kind of slow right now... <_< )

11. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

AWWwwwww man don't go giving him any ideas! He's already stiring a Dallas chat group. How low is that, burning dreams, naaa not good!

12. Mystery Squid

Why do I have to do everything??? :lol:

13. Mystery Squid

I ain't going back, boards like that are no fun AT ALL. You have to stick to topic, and make sure your posts are "cheery" and "happy" so all the needless anti-depressant freaks won't kill themselves.

:angry:

14. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    :lol: They banned you didn't they? You tried to start some sh*t there, stir things up, and they kicked you out. Come on, confess.

15. Mystery Squid

Actually no, wasn't even trying, that made it a bit more shocking I guess... They just deleted the thread. Seriously though, they're truly freaks...

16. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

because u got d'knack man!

Honestly, even if an opinion or debate appears one-sided, you have a tendency to bring up a point that makes everyone think...even for a flash of a second.

17. Mystery Squid

:lol: thanks....

...i guess...

Get this, I actually came across a forum dedicated to Oliver North, where people are STILL discussing the Iran/Contra affair! :eek:

Then there's another one dedicated to Rush Limbaugh :rolleyes: , know what his 'hardcore' fans call him?

...the Maha-Rushie

:lol: :lol: :lol:

18. Mystery Squid

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I almost spit my coffee into the monitor!

19. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

we call him "mush-mouth" here at work.

20. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member