1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dumb Question

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mgood66, Apr 1, 2009.

1. mgood66

mgood66 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hey everyone,

I'm the owner of a 1999 Corolla, which I've driven since I bought it way back in...99!

So, I've finally decided I really need a new car. And I'm REALLY jonesing for the 2010 Prius. It looks amazing, and everyone I've spoken to who owns a Prius says they love it.

My question is: when is this thing supposed to hit the streets? I keep trying to research this, and just can't seem to find any information at all. Heck, even driving reviews are coming out. I'm hoping my Corolla can hang in there until this is available!

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Probably in June as production starts in April.

3. mgood66

mgood66 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Can't wait!

Now, as you can imagine, it's been a long time since I've bought a car. Is this something I need to pre-order? Not entirely sure how this process works with a car that is actually "in demand".

If I wait until they hit the lot, am I still good? I'm in a pretty big metro area (Wash DC), so there doesn't seem to be any shortage of Toyota dealerships.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would contact your local dealer and get your name on a "waiting list". There were a few of us allowed to pre-order, but that is not an option for the general public. But most decent dealers will keep a list with your name and give you some priority in getting a car when they start arriving on the lot.