1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dummy lights coming on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tmclites, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Tmclites

Tmclites New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey y’all,

been getting 3 dummy lights (the ones relating to my breaks) coming on when I start my 2007 Prius with the parking break engage. It beeps and they stay on for a few seconds, then go off. What’s the deal?

Thanks!

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Happen to have any OBD2 codes (DTCs) that you can share with us?

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. Tmclites

Tmclites New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What’s an ODB2 code? Lol

4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When there are dummy lights on the dash, that means there are OBD2 codes (DTCs) stored in the ECUs (computers).

Find a toyota hybrid compatible OBD2 scanner, retrieve the DTCs, then post them here for additional guidance.

Buy a OBD2 bluetooth/wifi adapter and use an app like Dr Prius, or buy a "mini-vci" cable and a copy of techstream (dealer tech software)/

This link can help educate you on which adapter to purchase : Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

Try borrowing a scanner from one of the local auto parts chain stores, or maybe the dealer will give you a free scan.

Raytheeagle likes this.