1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dunst giving prius owners a "bad image"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by adamwmcanally, Sep 30, 2006.

1. adamwmcanally

adamwmcanally New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thought this was amusing....[​IMG]

2. chimohio

chimohio New Member

:eek: Try again - your picture didn't make it.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Doh! She is officially OUT of the Cool Chicks w/Black Priuses Club because of that! :eek:

4. yups

yups Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adammc @ Sep 30 2006, 10:20 PM) [snapback]326325[/snapback]</div>
    What's more amusing is seeing a hugh suburban with HC plates pull up into a similiar spot and watch a morbidly obese youngster get out while sucking on a McDee's shake and a handful of fry's. Only to be followed by her mommy sucking on her cigarette.

5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm pretty sure that the car is on. It also appears that she is entering the backseat, and that the rear wiper is in mid-stroke. Perhaps someone else is driving and is still in the car?

It's a bit confusing, though, because her keys are in her hand. (Why would they not be in her purse?)

Anyway, I suppose the wiper could have stopped mid-stroke when the car was turned off, and maybe she is going for the front door; it's kind of hard to tell.

Nate

6. dreichla

dreichla New Member

It looks like she's only partially in the HC parking space with the bulk of her car in the standard space to the right. Now - if she marries Spider Man, she's just a bad parker.

7. curtissac

curtissac New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Oct 1 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]326548[/snapback]</div>
    Not buying a second driver. It does appear that she is getting in front. The rear door handle are realtively close to back of the car. She looks to me to be at the driver's door. I don't follow celebrity rides, but is Ms. Dunce know to have a black Prius? If so, it isn't a limo kind of car in which one would ride in back. Regardless, it would not appear she belongs there.

Position of the windshield wiper doesn't indicate the car is on, it will stop where it is when the car is shut off. Since it appears to be raining, it is reasonable to assume it was on when she (or her... ahem...driver) pulled in.

8. curtissac

curtissac New Member

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My mother is handicapped. She has a placard that hangs on the rear view mirror. When I take her out in my Prius she brings the placard and I park in handicapped so she doesn't have far to go. Sometimes I'll get out and run in and do her errand quickly while she waits in the car and then we're off to the next stop.

I don't have tinted windows, but a similar picture could be taken of me entering the driver's side of my black prius parked in a handicapped space. You probably wouldn't see my mother in the passenger seat or the placard hanging off the rear view mirror. Basically, the picture does not provide enough information. Standard procedure for those kinds of sites. I prefer not to pass judgement without sufficient information. (BTW my mother doesn't "look" handicapped. She has a heart condition and is going to need knee replacement surgery eventually.)

I doubt I'll visit "The Superficial" again. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life. Some people think if they blow someone else's candle out, theirs will burn brighter. Some people have nothing better to do than attack celebrities. Some people just need to get a life.

10. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My mom is also handicapped with a W/C. I work with the disabled daily. If the HC person is not getting out of the car then you should not be using that space.

This is one of the things that I am passionate about and I will challenge someone without plates/placard. If I can help make them even a tiny bit ashamed of what they have done then I am all the happier for it!

11. billyboy

billyboy Guest

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Do we actually know that's Kirsten Dunst? Could it be someone who looks a bit like her? Hard to tell from that distance/angle. Do we know it's her car? Maybe hers is parked next to it and she's talking to the disabled person driving this one. Or maybe she's telling the driver, "That's a cool car. It's just like mine. But you should not be parked in this space." Would Kirsten Dunst even be driving her own car around town? Wouldn't she be mobbed by fans and stalkers? Maybe she really is crippled after her run-in with Dr. Octopus. Maybe the photo is from a new movie being shot right now in which she plays a character who parks in a handicapped spot. Maybe the photo is photoshopped by someone who has a grudge against her. Too many unknowns here to pass judgement.

13. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    MONKS: [chanting]
    Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. [bonk]
    Pie Iesu domine,... [bonk]
    ...dona eis requiem. [bonk]
    Pie Iesu domine,... [bonk]
    ...dona eis requiem.

CROWD:
    A witch! A witch! [bonk]
    A witch! A witch!

MONKS: [chanting]
    Pie Iesu domine...

CROWD:
    A witch! A witch! A witch! A witch! We've found a witch! A witch! A witch! A witch! A witch! We've got a witch! A witch! A witch! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! We've found a witch! We've found a witch! A witch! A witch! A witch!

VILLAGER #1:
    We have found a witch. May we burn her?

CROWD:
    Burn her! Burn! Burn her! Burn her!

BEDEVERE:
    How do you know she is a witch?

VILLAGER #2:
    She looks like one.

CROWD:
    Right! Yeah! Yeah!

BEDEVERE:
    Bring her forward.

14. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

What REALLY makes Prius drivers look bad is some of the stuck-up, self-centered, holier-than-thou attitudes that some people develop.

You see, these people are usually extolling the virtues of the Prius while displaying this pompous attitude. That makes it bad for all Prius drivers.

Here, she parked in a handicapped spot (making assumptions here...) when not being handicapped. I've seen this done by other people driving other cars as well. This situation only says soemthing about her and not the car.

But when you use the car to justify being an @ss, like the people I'm talking about, then it is bad.

15. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How does she give Prius owners a bad image? Why not coffee drinkers? That website also has Hilary Duff scratching her nice person pictures. Does that give asses a bad image? It's good to know when I park in handicap stalls it doesn't reflect upon me but on the vehicle I'm driving.

16. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dreichla @ Oct 1 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]326567[/snapback]</div>
    You mean she'll be bad parker Mrs. Parker? :eek:

17. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(koa @ Oct 2 2006, 01:50 PM) [snapback]326952[/snapback]</div>
    No, that's actually a pretty nice image... :p

18. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 2 2006, 10:31 AM) [snapback]326873[/snapback]</div>
    I think we're making too many excuses here. Obviously one photo won't hold in a court of law, but the Prius is definitely in a handicapped parking spot, she is almost certainly going to go in the driver's door, and while I'm not an expert on ID'ing celebrities, I trust the takers of the picture and other viewers to know that. I've seen few celebrities, but none of them were being mobbed by fans at the time.

The most logical explanation is that it is Dunst and she parked illegally for a quick run for coffee. Obviously that's bad behavior and anybody who does so should have their photo posted online and open to public ridicule.

That being said, it won't affect me from seeing (or not seeing) her next movie. Moments of selfishness are hardly unique among celebrities, or the general population for that matter.

19. dreichla

dreichla New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Oct 2 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]326958[/snapback]</div>
    I was wondering when someone would notice my horrible pun.