1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DVD for NAV

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by funpilot, Mar 28, 2005.

1. funpilot

funpilot Junior Member

Just got the upgrade DVD and drove from VA to NYC yesterday. Once I got to NJ it lost its mind. It wanted me to go everywhere but the most direct route. No, I did not change any of the options for routing. It would constantly reroute and pic huge looping back tracking to side roads that added as much as 80 miles to the trip. I shut the car off. Restarted and reset the map to do the trip again and the same idiot routing occurred. I want my old DVD back.

2. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I know you say none of the settings were changed, but when you say NJ I think of toll roads. Could the avoid toll roads setting have been set? I did this once locally returning from the East Bay and it kept trying to send me through San Jose to avoid the bridge tolls.

3. karmavore

karmavore New Member

My thoughts exactly. My car came with "avoid tolls" as the default. And, similarly, the second I entered Illinois, the route went ballistic on me. Hope that this is the issue for you.

Brad

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    8) My NAV DVD (Release 4.2) seems OK for my area (North Texas) but all these comments make me wonder...

With increasing NAV systems in cars, wonder why a "second party" publisher has not yet produced a competing DVD with better information. Could it be that the DVD hardware firmware has prevented competition?

Just a thought...

5. funpilot

funpilot Junior Member

I never set any preferences so they were what ever the dealer did in installing the DVD. However, seems the menu is misleading....does turning on the feature light up the selection with a yellow bar? Or does that turn it off?

6. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Take a look at the NAV setup screen for ROUTEs, you have to tell it to ALLOW Toll Roads.

You'll also want to make sure you are set to the correct map "region." Grab your NAV manual and start reading, there is, like, an infinity of tricks the NAV can do!