1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DVD Nav Disk New price & More

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bob2780, Apr 24, 2008.

1. bob2780

bob2780 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Everyone,
    I ordered the Nav update disk 3 weeks ago just purchased yesterday from my dealer in Las Vegas for my 07 Prius the original was DVD version 0.61 the update is version 0.71 I paid $250+ tax and because of price increases due to the price of gas Toyota now will charge $290. Luckily because, I ordered it when I did I got it for the old price.

Now when the car starts you don’t press OK to get to the map screen it goes directly to the map after 5 seconds with the safety warning and no language selection either
    The new update only changed 6 things in my area but I got it for the OK fix above

As a side note I went up on the Navteq website to register for future updates notices and to report map errors I found the maker name of the Toyota Prius II system 06-present
    By Aisin AW LTD here is the URL

http://www.aisin-aw.co.jp/en/02products/01car_navi/02international/index.html

Under the Toyota DVD Voice Navigation System for North America under the overseas products page sixth one from the top

It was confusing at first because it is listed on the Navteq site selecting system type Prius II as AISIN AW FULL COLOR SYSTEM the Prius is listed as DVD NAVIGATION SYSTEM

The Navteq Website is
    http://www.navteq.com/about/index.html

looking at my 06 disk here is the copyright list Toyota Denso Navteq Mapdata by Infocom

Also Toyota is Not Listed on the Navteq site for updates but report of map errors is
    Hope this helps
    Bob2780

2. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    $40 more "for the price of gas?"

Sounds like a huge ripoff to me.

First of all, they can order a box of 100 DVDs which weighs perhaps 20 pounds. Even if shipping that box is more expensive, it is far from $40 each.

Even in single-unit quantities, a DVD in a jewel box can be mailed for less than a buck.

3. bob2780

bob2780 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks auricchio,
    For the reply Funny thing you mentioned the jewel case that the new disk came in The clear top was cracked with a hole about the size of a water melon seed with the clear plastic where the hole was blown upward amazingly the disk wasn't broken The bottom of the case is OK.
    While I was paying for the disk the tech install it and gave me back my original disk he put it on the dash I didn't see the condition of the case until after I left the dealer my wife put it away it in the center console and because of the sun she didn't notice the crack either. PS The Update works fine.

Oh well bob2780