1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DVD NAV won't load

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by max9952001, Oct 19, 2008.

1. max9952001

max9952001 Plugging In

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My batteries were disconnected for the hymotion install and since, the DVD nav does not load. I tried to eject the disk to re-insert with the press and slide left (I have ejected the disk before), but it is not coming out. Does anyone know another way to remove a disk besides opening the case? Is there a paperclip hole some where and/or is there a "reset" button or menu feature somewhere? As it stands now, I cannot get into the menu of the MFD, it shows a flashing screen of a disk loading which does not make any progress. Any assistance would allow me to avoid a return trip to the installer to correct this. Thank you.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Are you sure you have power to the DVD drive? My guess is that power was accidentally disconnected during the install.

Tom

3. max9952001

max9952001 Plugging In

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I do have power. I can hear the drive attempting to spin up and cycle through this over and over while the car is on.

4. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    if i remember correctly there is a reset switch inside the dvd drive.
    posting the codes stored in the mfd might help

please define attempting to spin
    if it can't spin then its dead

please see my post in the knowledge base, i posted the list o' mfd codes. these mfd codes might help or might not help you in finding the problem

5. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    codes to look for
    xx-xx-178-??-x

anything in lan monitor with 'exch' set

code format

aa.aa.bbb.cc.d

a = the error
    b=the device
    c= the subcode, unknown at this time
    d= number of times the mfd encountered error. if the dvd constantly tries to spin up
    but never actually does, i suspect d will be a really high number, maybe 255

if you see 01.21.bbb.cc.d or 01.22.bbb.cc.d anywhere, its fried

178 = "NAVI"

6. max9952001

max9952001 Plugging In

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ok - I got the CD to eject. Turned the car on without brake pressed and was able to eject. Previously it wouldn't eject and the drive made a disk spinning up sound and would repeat. I didn't discover codes (where would you go for that?). At this point, I re-inserted the disk and all is working normally. Thank you for the assistance.