1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DVD Player

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mrspeedy123, May 1, 2006.

1. Mrspeedy123

Mrspeedy123 New Member

Is it possible to change the cd player in my prius to a dvd/cd player and have it play on my front display, if so would it affect my warranty at all?

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It would probably be easier to add video input to your MFD and attach a portable DVD player to that. At least that's what I would do. :)

3. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mrspeedy123 @ May 1 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]248135[/snapback]</div>
    I did a complete thread on adding an external video input to the MFD, by intercepting the video line from the backup camera and forcing it on. I used an external DVD player to test it. I see no reason why you couldn't swap the CD player out for a DVD/CD player, connect the audio outputs to the same place the CD's were connected, connect the video output to a switch that would interupt the backup camera, and it should work fine, other than having the message at the bottom of the screen. But, I have no experience in the actual mechanics of swapping decks, sorry.

Why would it? People swap car radios all the time. As long as you don't blow something up in the process, and then expect Toyota to pay for it, why would there be warranty issues?