1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dynamat for speakers - does it work?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ~sparky~, Jun 7, 2005.

1. ~sparky~

~sparky~ New Member

I'm replacing all 4 speakers in my base (non-JBL) system, adding an amp and considering adding Dynamat behind the speakers to enhance the sound. Anyone have experience with this product for speakers?

If it matters, speakers are Infinity Kappa Series - Components up front and regular in the back. Amp will be an Alpine 50x4 RMS at 2 ohms - front speakers set w/ hi pass crossover, not sure about the rear speakers. I will have a separate mini-sub run by pre-outs thru the amp.

Thanks! :)

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

There's a couple of posts regarding Dynamat, as well as posts on less expensive but comparable alternatives.

3. bobc

bobc New Member

sparky,

I'm not an audiophile so I don't really know. I remember reading that if the door vibrates behind the speaker, then the speaker isn't as efficient as it could be. After adding Dynamat, I can feel less vibration behind the speaker than up near the top of the door by the window, where's there's no Dynamat.

I'll let others comment if this is meaningful or not.

Friggin' stuff is stupidly expensive tho. Hate to think what the markup is on it...

Cheers,