1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

E-Bay Turn Signal Mirrors-HELP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by cairo94507, Oct 21, 2006.

1. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, I bought the turn signal mirrors off of Tommy Leung at [email protected], had them painted to match my Tidelands Prius and installed them and had the clear-bra installed on them as well. They look terrific- the only problem is that I can't figure out the wiring harness portion of the install. They have instructions with diagrams but they do not make sense (to me) and the verbage looks like it was translated into English and really does not make sense. If anyone has installed these signal mirrors and has some great pictures of the wiring portion of the install I really the help. Thanks, Cairo94507

2. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    doesnt doc have them on his webpage? Or do you think they are different ? I believe someone posted on docs' posting that they installed the ebay mirrors, i need to get on the ball and get these mirrors

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Hi Cairo, I do not have the instruction with me, I left them at the shop but for what I remember reading everything is plug and play connectors, the most difficult part is threading the cables through the door jam rubber insulation and sneaking the wire extension from cockpit left to right. As I explained in previous post I didn't install their wiring harness because I already have one in place from early install. I only soldered and insulated the wires.
    Did the paint job come alright?

4. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

I thougt Doc installed the SIGMA mirrors but that his wiring instructions could be adapted to the ebay version...
    Let us know how it turns out Cairo.
    Hell, at least you have yours...I haven't received my tracking number yet. Has anyone ordered and received contact from Tommy since Tuesday or Wednesday??
    I mean if they are running low on stock they could at least inform already paid customers...

5. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, the paint job came out perfect -no problems there. They look great on the car. Now I just have to figure the wiring out. I will take another look at at next weekend when I get a chance. But this weekend is already shot as far as car time goes.

6. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Oct 22 2006, 08:33 AM) [snapback]336342[/snapback]</div>
    We have 2 sets on their way. When we do the install, I will take pictures and post them. ;)

7. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Oct 22 2006, 08:35 AM) [snapback]336351[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah that would be great. It's the wiring harness and where everything plugs in that has me confused. So nice, clear, digital images of exactly where stuff p;ugs in would be the solution. Thanks a ton. Cairo94507