1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Early Photo of 2004 Under the Hood

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by baumgrenze, Oct 23, 2014.

1. baumgrenze

baumgrenze Junior Member

A few weeks ago when I was researching a cooling problem on my 2004 Prius I found a post with an early image of the 'under the hood' area of the Gen 2 which was similarly marked to this one of the Gen 3. In addition to the numbers and colored saloons, there was a legend with assignments.

Prius 3rd gen under the hood | PriusChat

Gen3UnderHood.jpg

Today I can't find it.

If it is really on priuschat.com will someone provide me with a link, please?

thanks

baumgrenze

Somehow balloons came out saloons. I've no idea how. Looks like spell-check magic.

sorry

baumgrenze

AAA likes this.
  2. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    #1 The kool-aid reservoir for traditional flavors (Grape, cherry, lemonade) Conservatives & haters also said we all drank from this when the Prius first came out.
    #2 Although the size of the orifice may be enticing; do not stick anything in here but washer fluid
    #3 This is where babies come from
    #4 Ooohhh!! Shiny chrome Toyota emblem! And cool sophisticated words.
    #5 Im not too sure.
    #6 This part is the flux capacitor. Do not excite it. Do not look at it for longer than 5 seconds or your hands will turn into golf clubs and your spouse will morph to resemble Rodney Dangerfield. During eclipses, this part glows bright yellow and sends encoded messages to Toyota Corporate. After touching this part, it is recommended to be decontaminated and cleansed of any radioactive isotypes that may have shed during the contact.
    #7 Another kool-aid reservoir. This one houses the odd-ball flavors like "PurpleSaurus Rex" and "Great Blueidini"
    #8 It was once rumored that Bob Lutz had a love child with Liza Minelli. What that has to do with this part, I dont know. But its worth mentioning.
    #9 Toyota calls this part the "caddywompus doohickey thingamajiggy". Its purpose is widely unknown.
    #10 A hollow piece of plastic with cool looking 2-peg lego pieces inside.

Hope I was helpful! :D

#2 PriusGuy32, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    5. is a Politician, it contains hot air.
    8. is Brake Fluid, if it was Break Fluid, it would have more to do with Bob's unfortunate children

4. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :LOL::LOL::LOL:

5. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I haven't seen the Gen2 picture. But if you want to post up a photo with highlighted areas I'm sure people here will fill in the details for you.

BTW. Does anyone have a link to the original thread for that gen3 picture? I'd be interested in having a read?

6. baumgrenze

baumgrenze Junior Member

I was trying to find it again because the inverter coolant reservoir was marked to suggest that it was the ICE coolant reservoir. I was preparing a post to report an experience with my cooling system and wanted to make sure that others didn't get misled the way I was for a while. I first missed the reservoir behind the radiator.

Sorry I triggered what I did.

baumgrenze

7. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Does anyone have a link to the thread with the Gen3 picture and legend?

Or does anyone have the legend corresponding to the photo in the opening post?

#7 uart, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014