1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Easiest/brightest fog light upgrade for 2007 Gen II

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by comatoes, Mar 2, 2016.

1. comatoes

comatoes #GreenLife

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Basically I don't like the yellow light now so I want white light to match the headlights that would be fine. If I could make them brighter I would appreciate it since I can't see too greatly with the HID headlights now.

I'm a little handy but not to the point of customizing the light housing or retrofiting a new housing. I'm looking for the brightest (matching white) light I can get from a bulb swap.

I've read some forums and I see some people but new PIAA 9006 hb4 bulbs in and are happy but are they really brighter? I've also read some people put LEDs in which I like the idea but others talk about flickering and I don't thinking I want to install a cap inline.

Can I just drop a bright led bulb in? Will a regular 9006 hbr PIAA really be brighter?

Please suggest actual bulbs or a kit or how much it would cost to pay someone to do it.

Thanks

kenoarto likes this.
  2. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    comatoes likes this.
  3. comatoes

comatoes #GreenLife

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the info. How much modification does it take to retro fit? I was capable of installing my own stereo with the detailed stealth install guide.

4. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    My Hella DE thread shows how much trouble I went thru cutting up my fog lights. Have you ever retrofitted headlights?

On my 2007, i cut the fog light mounts out of my bumper and created my own brackets for my 90mm Hella fog light projectors.

[​IMG]

5. comatoes

comatoes #GreenLife

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I looked through some of what you did. That looks like way more work than I want to put into it. I've never retrofitted lights. Like my op says, I want an easy upgrade and if I can get more light that would be great.

6. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I was pretty happy with the DDM HID bulb and ballast light output....but I like to tinker...so i upgraded.

7. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    As long as your fog lights are the OEM style and still have the shield over the bulb you will protect others from the HID glare.
    [​IMG]
    If the fog light are aftermarket, some do not come with this shield and I do not recommend HID in these.
    [​IMG]

comatoes likes this.