1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

East Bay CA window tint help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by darwin100, Apr 22, 2006.

1. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

I live in the East Bay and am looking for a place to tint the windows on my 2005 Prius. I also need to know what to ask for. I have been reading the window tint stuff here on the fourms and it seems one needs to know type and shade...I do not want it super dark and I do not want it to interfer with my GPS.
    As Usual thank you....
    Darwin

2. RadMarv

RadMarv Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darwin100 @ Apr 22 2006, 07:02 AM) [snapback]243604[/snapback]</div>

Darwin,

You need to research tints on the market, find out what's available in your area from different dealers and how long they've been tinting.

You can start here to research the tint

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=9473&hl=

I selected Llumar Pinnacle One (ceramic) and had it done in Concord. I had ALL of my windows tinted including the windshield (top 6-7 inches)

Had the same dealer install Llumar Paint Protection film (sometimes referred to as Clear Bra but not 3M brand) They also used the same film to install my rear end HOV stickers. I also had them install Stonegard on the headlights and foglamps.