1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

East Coast Availability

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by KProspero, Sep 17, 2006.

1. KProspero

KProspero New Member

For anyone who wants to beat the interminable waiting list, things may be looking up on the East Coast (Connecticut), or I'm incredibly lucky.

Background -- I had delayed even looking for a new car until late August (had to get my eldest child of to school, yadda, yadda).

Anyway, the first of September rolls around and I start looking at cars. Prius is high on my list, (looking for a package 3 or 5) but I then find out that unless I can take delivery before September 30, I lose half the tax credit. Ok, do the math, Hot Selling Car, 12 week waiting list, 3 weeks to get delivery.

To make a very long story short, after calling many Toyota Dealers a week ago Friday, I find that one dealer has both a 7 and an 8 that are coming in. One Dealer Has a 5 on the floor that just cancelled (wrong color and they add $1500 of mandatory stuff I don't want to the price), and a third dealer has 2 Package 3's that are unspoken for. A Silver (which was due to come arrive in the next day or two) and a Blue, that might or might not make it before September 30.

Tuesday, I get a call, they have the car. I can pick it Thursday, if I want.

On Friday evening, I pick up my Silver Prius Yaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Paid List, plus $350 doc fee. No discount available.

Anyway, I don't know whether it's my flexibility, or luck, but with a little persistance, it was easier than I had dreamed it would be to get a Prius (pretty much any package)

Spent the day driving around == love the car.

2. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hello fellow Ct prius owner :) !I found dealers here were quoteing 2 to 3 month waits in june when i got mine.I lucked out!found one at wallingford toyota on a cancellation.My bother just started looking last week and he lucked out also on a package3 that just came in at colchester toyota due to a cancellation.The dealer there said up to a four month wait if he wanted a 2007.I still think demand is still high here,he had a hard time finding a dealer with one on the lot to test drive.Enjoy your new prius!Im still having a ball with mine.

3. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I bought my Prius 3 weeks ago here on the West Coast, right off the dealer lot. When initially looking for a Prius, no dealers had them in stock but we got one resulting from a customer cancellation. However, many dealers reported that they had new stock coming in the following week. In the last few weeks I have received at least 6 phone calls offering Priuses with no waiting list.

It seems that people are on a waiting list because:

1) They wanted a specific color and package and didn't mind waiting for the car
    OR
    2) The dealer duped them into believing that they had to get on the list to get a car

There are lots of people reporting dealerships with Priuses either in stock (albeit very briefly) or willing to sell a car from the next truckload. The 2007 model is a different story I'm sure.

4. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <_< hmmm I wonder if all those cancellations are for real or the dealers is selling behind the backs of those waiting