1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Easy Listening On Non-Easy Listening Stations

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by er86, May 11, 2012.

1. er86

er86 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just purchased a 2012 Prius Liftback (II) to replaced my WONDERFUL 1996 Pontiac Sunfire. I am confused why so many radio stations seem to be "Easy Listening" on the Prius, when they are clearly NOT. Unless stations playing Nivana or Van Halen are now "Easy Listening"...There must be 4 or 5 stations and I have to believe the stations are not all misconfigured???

2. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    You do realize that the radio stations in your prius are the exact same radio stations for every other car in your city, don't you? ;) Or every other car in the country if you are listening to xm/sirius.

3. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The radio station via their radio systems, project their 'idea' of what they are. The cars do not decifer the type of music thats playing

4. er86

er86 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, I hope to find someone who has a car with this feature to see if they have a problem. Since I have developed software I have a hard time believing the radio stations broadcast "Easy Listening" and not a CODE that means Easy Listening as that is just more efficient. Besides... I have several stations that are "Unknown" so I highly doubt the station sends that out...it has to be a lookup table of sorts.