1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

easy way to remove center console drawer or take apart console?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cwerdna, Aug 6, 2007.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    After digging around here and on Google, I couldn't seem to find the answer to this...

Is there an easy way to remove the "secret" center console drawer? I had it stuffed w/a bunch of things today and lost a piece of paper. I think it ended up behind there because I can sometimes feel it by reaching behind the drawer (along w/some wires and connectors). My hand isn't small enough so I'd rather pull the drawer out.

Is there an easy way w/o breaking anything? How about disassembling the center console?

To be clear, I'm talking about the drawer underneath the armrest console (which contains the power plug and aux in jack), not the center stack w/the radio, MFD and pocket.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    (replying to my own reply)
    Nevermind. I found the answer at http://www.priusonline.com/viewtopic.php?p...ighlight=#93245.

It was VERY tough to get out. Even before I had time to visit any sites and was still away from home, I tried squeezing and pulling upwards to no avail. I guess I didn't have the right technique.

And yes, the piece of paper was back there, like I suspected.

Gina Raymond likes this.
  3. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad we could help!

Thanks for the link though.