1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ebay Holiday catalog

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by FarNorth, Nov 30, 2004.

1. FarNorth

FarNorth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Received a catalog in the mail yesterday from Ebay. In the Hard-to-Find section along with pro football tickets, vintage posters, and vintage Barbie dolls was a Toyota Prius.

I hope that the trend of greater delivery numbers increases so that the Hard-to-Find element is OBE. I do like the Prius being in the vintage and classic category where it justly belongs.

04 Salsa

Saw 2 white PRII for sale on the local dealer lot yesterday.

2. techogurl

techogurl New Member

Yeah I saw the Ebay catalog about 2 weeks ago. The funny thing is the price it lists for the Pri vs what the actual price that they go for on Ebay.

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ebay has a catalog? cool.. yet.. strange

4. techogurl

techogurl New Member

It's really a dumb magazine promotional tool. Honestly I wasn't impressed and don't forsee them making more $$$ due to the investment. Personally I didn't recieve one so I am curious what criteria of Ebay members they decided should recieve the mailing. My guess is those who don't use their accounts alot to draw more return spending.

5. FarNorth

FarNorth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, in my case, I am NOT an Ebay user but received it probably because we are on the mailing list for numerous other catalogs.

I think they were trying to expand into a traditional mail order market and gain new members.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the catalog isnt meant to sell any specific item. its just to attract lookie-loos.

they feel that people who start looking on the site will find something to buy. that is the reason the catalog doesnt really post realistic prices since in a real auction setting, that would be impossible.