1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EBH cord shorting

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by efusco, Jul 16, 2007.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I backed out of my gargage one too many times with the EBH still plugged in with my original cord a year or two ago and it caused a wrent in the cord and a short.

I transplanted a new plug and cord end from an old PC onto the old cord and it's worked fine all winter long...until today. Saw that my ICE temp was at ambient levels, the little light on my timer wouldn't light (I think the breaker flipped on the outlet) this morning. And when I tried to plug in at work the breaker in the GF outlet kept flipping too.

Guess I'll be going in for another operation on that cord this week...hate not having that EBH for the nice first 5 minute bar.

2. priussoris

priussoris New Member

3. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Odd thing is that I haven't backed out since the transplant...maybe once, but not for ages. I think it's just from repeated bending/flexing at the repair site and something broke from wear.

4. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I want to report that the surgery was a success, the patient is doing well. Tempertures post operatively are running around 160 degrees.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 17 2007, 10:00 PM) [snapback]480643[/snapback]</div>
    I'd keep it on antibiotics for a couple of days just to make sure. That will help bring the temperature down.

Tom