1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EBH Install and Cool Plug Location

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Austin Starbuck, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Austin Starbuck

Austin Starbuck New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I finally got around to installing my Engine Block Heater in my 2012 Prius the other day. After 4 hours (instructions weren't clear and I took breaks often see as how it was 30 degrees) I finally got it installed and working. I just ran the plug out the front grill by my pipe insulation grill block like what everyone else does. However this after noon I got to thinking of how I could conceal it and make it function and look a little better and I figured I would share incase someone else is looking for the same affect. I ended up running it into the tow hook area and modifying it to work fantastically!! It's held on with industrial velcro instead of plastic clips like it was that way it is easier to remove. I'll put some photos of the end result and let me know what y'all think. If you want to know exactly how I did it or the heater install just ask and I'll explain! IMG_0917.JPG IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0916.JPG IMG_0914.JPG

mainemanx and DadofHedgehog like this.
  2. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Cool! Sick! Super! Or whatever kudos is acceptable :)

I hate seeing the plus dangle out of the grille... so how'd you do it ?

3. Austin Starbuck

Austin Starbuck New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My original goal was to put it behind the license plate and put a hinge on the plate that way it looked better. However while thinking about this I was looking down into the grill area and noticed there was a weird channel so I took the cover off and shined a flashlight through the tow hook opening and could see the light. After taking some plastic off I got it snaked down in there. The next thing was that I didn't want to have to carefully pop off the cover every night with a screw driver so I thought I would put some magnets on it. The only problem is that I hit one big bump and it would nock them loose. The next idea was velcro. I ended up cutting off all 3 retaining clips on the cover and filling it down to acomadate for the thickness of the velcro. I then added the loop side to the car and the hook side to the cover, and waa-laa a factory looking EBH plug. If you would like more detailed instructions and pictures on where the channel is and how to get the cord in there let me know and I'll post them.