1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Econ" guage on new HiHy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Feb 21, 2007.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Previous posts mentioned the Econ button that you can push that will help the 2008 HiHy stay in it's most fuel efficient state as well as the EV button being standard. But, THIS ARTICLE mentions that there is also an "Econ" guage with white LED lights that tells you when you're driving in the most efficient band combining information, presumably, from fuel flow, rpm, amperage and battery SOC.

This is something that those of us with CAN-View have figured out with our Prius and even Scan-Guage to estimate (though without the benefit of battery info). I think this is a nice compromise that makes it easy for the non-technically inclined folks to figure out how to drive for best FE without overwhelming them with information they're not sure how to assimilate. I'm quite sure we'll see similar stuff on the next gen Prius too.

*This is borrowed from a post a PriusOnline and crossposted several sites.

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Interesting and a step in the right direction. I like the ECON button idea as well as the "efficiency" meter. Will be interesting to see how it helps 1) The average driver and 2) more experienced MPGers

/R

3. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I would love to see Coastal come up with an add on light that did this for the current Prius.