1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ECU Recall Notice

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bob Osgood, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Bob Osgood

Bob Osgood New Member

Has anyone else received a special service campaign program notice (essentially a recall) for the Hybrid Vehicle Electronic Control Unit (HV ECU) and Battery ECU? I phoned my service department, and inquired about the source and definition of the problem, but they don't know. All they know is that they have to reprogram the ECU's, and it takes an hour or two. Anyone have any more information?

2. KathyY

KathyY Member

I think that is what I just had done. I got the letter Monday and called them. The letter says it takes 1 hour--Service said to plan on 1 1/2 hours since sometimes there are glitches. I went in Tuesday and it only took an hour.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do a search for SSC-40D. There are several active threads on the topic, but the letter you got clearly describes what is done with the update. It is not a recall, is not critical, and can probably wait until your next oil change or whatever else you need to take it in for.