1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ecu swap .............

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by bradyice, Nov 3, 2017.

1. bradyice

bradyice New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hi guys i buy used ecu same serials 100% same
    when connect the donor ecu the car turn on the ready ready n stop blink red car of theft in dash

the car starts but few 30 or 40 secs turn on red triangle then turn off

my question is if the car get READY lights the theft light turn on when key is already in the key slot

thanks a lot

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Are you able to get the error codes?
    Do you have some sort of scanner available?

3. bradyice

bradyice New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  5. bradyice

bradyice New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    no pulse injector2 with donor ecu have pulse in the 4 injectors minutes then turn of i think need reprogram the ecu change vin maybe

6. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    For the code, P0123, it might be that the donor ECU you sourced, is bad, or there's a short to ground on the throttle position sensor harness. Check the harness, if you've a dedicated 5volts from the ECU feeding it, and also a good battery ground, with signal voltage that's being fed to the ECU.

If all checks out right, you need to replace that ECU. The ECU isn't sending the required 5volts power to the throttle position sensor.

So you were finally able to get the ECU swapped already? I think you need to reprogram that donor ecu to be in sync with the immobilizer, of your car.
    But if you were successful READYING the car, that means the donor ECU worked.

PS:
    Do ensure you check the circuitry of the throttle position sensor as per the code displayed.
    PSS: If from history, yih hadn't that problem before, my best bet would be the ecu you got is bad.

Replace it, and that's all.

7. bradyice

bradyice New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    with original ecu dont show the p0123

just with donor ecu i think need reprogram but the locksmith in my city have fear to try to reprogram risk lost the code of inmo with push buttom

8. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm afraid, you may have to replace that ecu again, since the old one in your car, wasn't showing that code. It might be that the dedicated circuitry that's responsible for sending signals from the donor ECU to the throttle position sensor is faulty.

Other point is to get someone else to see if they can reprogram the donor ECU to the car, since your locksmith is afraid. I guess, he doesn't know about reprogramming.