1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Edison Diesel-Electric Heavy Duty Semi truck.

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by kenmce, Oct 27, 2023.

1. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Couple of Canadian truckers got tired of waiting for Elon to come through with his electric semi-truck and went and started building their own. It'll run on batteries plus whatever fuel you want - diesel, natural gas, hydrogen, they don't care. Looking at the videos I feel like the BS content is low and the rugged practicality content is high. Lot of contenders in this general area, I hope these guys make it.

https://www.edisonmotors.ca/

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    While I entirely despise the unsustainable and entirely dishonest timber industry because I've worked on lots of forest protection litigation over the decades, I've been following these guys on TikTok for several years.

It's pretty amazing what they've built. I remember their earliest videos were all about how big of a diesel generator they could mount on a tractor trailer chassis. Truly amazing how much electricity one of those really big machines can generate.

Of course as Elon Musk often says and has proven, the challenge of affordable mass production is so much harder than one-off fabrications of proto-types that when you count the cost of prototypes turned into mass production costs you don't even calculate the cost of building proto-types because its so below 1% that its almost nonexistent.

That being said, the more people who are out there converting fossil fool systems into electrified systems, the faster the transition will happen.