1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Edmund in Toronto

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by slumbum, Sep 30, 2004.

1. slumbum

slumbum New Member

I got my Prius a little over a week ago. I took it for a spin from Massachusetts up to Toronto and it performed excellently.

The trip was great. I racked up 1600 plus miles in my first week.
    I won't do that every week, but boy was it fun.

The nav system performed very well, to spite the closed off streets due to a festival in the city. The nav system is like having an accurate psychic in the car. It performed beautifully, and only once did it give me an impossible turn. Most errors it made were my input errors.

It also took me a while to realize it goes disabled if the car is moving (I'm slow). It would be nice if I could disable that warning screen, it looks bad.

I find the nav screen a great timesaver, especially for us men who generally don't like to ask for directions. The highlight of the trip was when I turned on my car and I asked my family members if they heard the engine. The all leaned forward and put their heads on the hood.

"It's not on!" Then I put her in reverse and peeled off.

My relatives are notorious for spending obscene amounts of money on cars, when I told them how much I paid, their mouths dropped. "That's it!"

What else...A few times in Toronto people literally stopped walking down the streets to chech out my car (maybe they were checking me out?) Anyways, it got lots and lots of stares.

Handling on the road was like gliding on ice. The 360 degree visibility is also a winner in my book. Where I live there are lots of wild children with stupid parents. So I need to see every possible corner of my car. Prius delivers just that. I can also see straight to the horizon lines on the highway front and rear view mirror. The auto dimming rear view mirror is a feature I never knew I needed until I used it. Clever, it reduces headaches (I hate it when folks get behind me with their highbeams on).

I am sold on the Prius. I am sold on Toyota. They made a common sense car. I may never own another car.

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congratulations!
    Sorry, can't be done. Too bad hackers that waste their time and everyone else's resources writing viruses don't write something useful like that. Really, after driving the car a few years, I'm SURE we will remember to drive safely even if we don't read the warning screen every time we start the NAV. :)
    Can't agree more on that!