1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Edwards picked as Kerry VP

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by rflagg, Jul 6, 2004.

1. rflagg

rflagg Member

2. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Maybe they should switch places and let Kerry take the back seat. I think Edwards was the best choice and may well put Kerry over the top if Kerry can keep his foot out of his mouth.

3. rflagg

rflagg Member

Yeah, you're probably right - After Dean lost his shot because of him going crazy to rally his supporters, Edwards was my second pick. Southern Democrats seem to be the only dems that can get elected to the presidency.

-m.

4. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have to agree. I voted for Edwards in the primary. I'm glad Senator Kerry came to his senses and picked the best man for the job over his comfort level. It should be an interesting 5 months.

Jeff

5. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

just looking at a news photo... they have posters saying 'kerry edwards'... sounds like it's only one person!

6. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It is kinda nice how Kerry-Edwards just seems to roll off your tongue!

7. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I hope the voters take a good look at their choices in the event that something happens to the President after this election. The thought of our country being run by Dick Cheney is BY FAR more frightening than even a Bush re-election. The Democrats have got to exploit the possibility of this evil, mean-spirited, corporate money-monger falling into the position of power. Maybe Michael Moore should try his hand at the horror-film genre and depict a nation run by Mr. Cheney. :roll:

8. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Definitely pleased by the Edwards pick... wish that the nominee hadn't been virtually decided by the time the Texas primary rolled around. Unfortunately, living in the land of Texas means that my vote will probably mean very little in November, unless we could stage some kind of rebellion. That would be something, if Bush lost Texas... we can all dream.

9. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

In 2000, there was a movement by some to trade votes that might get repeated this time around. (i.e., I'll vote for Nader in Texas if you'll vote for Kerry in Florida. By doing this, the Green Party was able to get the 5-6% percent they needed to qualify for Federal Election Dollars for 2004. Just a thought.

10. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yup, I proposed that last time around with my friends in the swing state of PA. I don't know how many people actually took me up on it... but I did vote for Nader. Will Nader even be on the ballot in TX?

11. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    KE ticket

The Dems now have a chance. If Kerry would just have the backbone to implement some of Edwards' ideas. Edwards will surpise alot of people; he's a winner.

12. jchu

jchu New Member

Living in Idaho, where a vote for Bush is even more common than in Texas, my wife and I offered the same trade to my in-laws in Oregon. They refused to take us up on it insisting on voting for Nader themselves and as you know, Gore barely lost Oregon and there was a significant Nader vote.

13. boa8

boa8 New Member

Seems that the stock market doesn't like it. Or, maybe, it's just a coincidence :oops:

14. rflagg

rflagg Member

15. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    ....and the market (read Republicans) don't like seeing a potentially Bush beating Democratic ticket that might just kick them out of office. :mrgreen:

16. autoxic

autoxic Commuter

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Darn, and I WAS thinking about voting for Kerry. Haha.

You people all seem to be voting against Bush, so maybe I'll balance that out a bit. Osama wants Bush to lose, so we can't let that happen!

17. rflagg

rflagg Member

*laughs* Osama loves Bush. He's gotten more good press since Bush has been in office than anything his tiny little mind could ever create. Not only that, he now has two nations without government that he can train troops in thanks to Bush. The guy that doesn't like Bush is Saddam, like many people seem to do these days, I think you're confusing Saddam with Osama.

-m.

18. bookrats

bookrats New Member

My own impression is that most fundamentalist radical Muslims would like to have Bush continue in office.

The U.S. actions in the mideast have pushed a lot of middle-of-the-road Muslims into the anti-American camp. More funds, more feet for the likes of Bin Laden, and more power for the terrorists in their native countries.

I'd say we've been doing a very good job of playing into Al Queda (and similar groups) hands ever since 9/11.

19. Atoyot

Atoyot New Member

Have any of you even talked to anyone in the middle east? I keep hearing how we are hated on these message boards, but when I talked to my friend from Iraq he told me a different story. Hmmm....should I believe Bush haters, or a man who is directly affected by what America does over there. Where are you hearing this from? The media?

Does anyone think that the terroist are going to change their colors and not attack us if Kerry wins?

I wonder how hard it was for Edwards to accept the VP spot? If he can swallow his pride and support Kerry, then he is a bigger man than most. It's got to be hard to oppose Kerry during the run offs, then switch to supporting him. I know it was funny to see McCain switch to supporting Bush during the last election.

Atoyot

20. Sun__Tzu

Sun__Tzu New Member

No Atoyot, you're absolutely right. Those in the Middle East who hate America now will most likely keep hating us till we're completely out of Iraq (and Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and pull support from Israel).

I think the brass ring here is a reconciliation with our allies around the world. It feels like a lot of the international (and NATO) opposition to US pleas for help now are simply out of spite; not towards the US, but towards Bush.

Anyway, I don't trust Bush's self-restraint to keep us out of another war with Iran, Syria or North Korea. Heck, I think the only reason he hasn't kicked off another war is because we don't have the manpower to pull it off. (Hello, draft!)