1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ELDERLY PRIUS OWNERS

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by OldProf, Dec 21, 2005.

1. OldProf

OldProf New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My wife and I recently took delivery of a 2006, white Prius
    with everything possible on it.
    We had a 2002 and loved it but this one is even better,
    especially with all the toys
    As I go though manuals over and over I’m wondering something.
    Since I’m 82.75 years old and my wife is 83.75 years old,
    we have us an aggregate age of 166.5.
    I wonder if there are any other Prius owners who can top that.
    :)

2. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Olprof,

Nice to see this new gadgetry does not intimidate you. Bless you and good health.

3. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    can't top you, but my dad's owned two 2G's, a 2004 bought in 12/03 and another 2004 (went from package 0 to NAV) bought 8/04, and he will turn 78 soon.

rpm

4. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

Sounds like you are quite young at heart -- the last time I heard some tell me their age in terms of fractions of a year they were about 6 years old! Good for you.

5. TorontoSusan

TorontoSusan New Member

Got us beat - hopefully we'll still be driving hybrids 30 years on! When I was debating the Prius purchase, one of the factors a salesman used was on us was that a 70 year old driver just purchased one ... never too old, he said. I guess you proved him right!

Happy motoring ...

6. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 New Member

I have posted this elsewhere but I once got accosted by an elderly Prius owner ! They were getting into their prius which was parked in front an office supply store. I was simply excited to see one up close(it was a few months before I had gotten my 2004) that I asked her if I could see inside... I didnt consider that the sight of a 100kg, 6ft+. middle eastern looking man with shaved head and goatee may have been a bit intimidating... She actually swiped at me with her handbag and told me to "back away or she'll call the police"

This was in a posh part of town, so I wasnt hugely surprised... :)

Your both seem to doing very well, I personally dont expect it to make it a day past 60 :)

7. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

lol @ Astro - that's hillarious!

and I haven't met any elderly Prius drivers, but as a particularly young wannabe Prius driver, welcome to the fold =)

8. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

Pretty much every Prius driver I've seen in southern California. I don't know why, but the overwhelming majority is at least 60 from the looks of things. OK, most of them aren't 84, but it's amazing to me that they're predominantly driven by old people around here (San Diego, specifically). I've seen a much different demographic driving them in other places, though.

9. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Ouch! Sorry to hear that your curiousity led to an unpleasant situation.

While only 45, I can guarantee that if you had approached me about my Prius, you wouldn't have escaped from my enthusiastic long-windness in less than 15 minutes. I mean, we'd have to pop the hood, look at the hybrid battery box in the back, run it around the block in electric mode -- these things take time! :D

And I can add my assurance that there are many helpful & enthusiastic older Prius owners out there (older than me, I mean.) Mark (SeaSalsa) on PriusChat was (and is) a very friendly and knowledgable source of Prius info. He got his Salsa Red 2004 Prius in late 2003; it was one of the first Priuses I got to drool over, back in the days when they were scarce on the ground, and led me to my 8-month wait (but well worth it!) for mine.

10. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Not to take this off-track (I'm only 64), what did you teach?

11. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Can't really consider myself elder, I'm only 23. But last night on the way home, an old guy with his wife in their 70's asked about my car at a stop light. Couple months ago (when I first got the car), there's this old man (around 70s too) walking by and looked at my car. "Nice car," he said, then more questions followed. But haven't have any young people asked me anything, YET.

12. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 New Member

good, there is someone younger than me here !!! Ive just turned 30 :p

wow, a prius at 23, at that age I was still taking buses to work/uni :(

13. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

OK, that does it, I'm getting a new sweater. The one I'm wearing was knitted before you were born. :lol: :lol:

Just Kidding -- it is great to see young people in here too. Where else do all these generations have something in common to talk about?