1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

elearnaid 12 v Battery Instructions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dorf, Nov 5, 2009.

1. dorf

dorf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Could someone please post the Actual Instructions that come with the eLearnAid 12 volt battery kit?

I've got the "hobbit page" ( that's great) but curious about attaching the aux 12 volt battery so everything won't have to be re-set.

Thanks in advance, as "search" didn't reveal it.

Cheers !!!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't have the elearnaid instructions, but if this is all that you are interested in, then the procedure is simple. Remove the cover to the main relay/fuse box near the inverter, by pressing hard on the latch at the front of the lid, then lift the lid up. Find the red plastic cover over the dedicated jumpstart terminal and lift the cover up (it is hinged on one side.)

Apply a source of 12V power that can deliver around 2A, between the jumpstart terminal and body ground, such as one of the nuts that secure the top of the LF strut to the body. I use a lab power supply set to 13.8V. You can use a couple of 6V lantern batteries in series.

Make sure you get the polarity correct. You need around 2A of current since the interior lights will be on, while the hatch is open.

Then you can work on removing and replacing the old 12V battery. Make sure you don't inadvertently ground the positive battery connector while removing and replacing the battery. Good luck.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok, i give. what is a "eLearnAid 12 volt battery kit?"

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ya saw that. might be in the market. took SPM for spin yesterday (test drive after last accident repair) and noticed batt charging at 13.7 volts. my 2010 with new batt charges at 14.4 volts.

SPM batt was drained this past summer to where i needed to jump it to get car going. on sale now for $159...might be doing that soon