1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electric braking problem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Engelz, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Engelz

Engelz Delaware member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Twice now -- a week or so apart -- I have experience momentary hesitation when applying the brakes at slow speeds. Both times were only for a second or two, but it was scary. Once I was leaving a housing development, stopping before merging into traffic. Yesterday, I was turning around in a parking lot and headed straight for a wall!

One other odd happening: Yesterday, while driving, I suddenly received a warning on the dashboard that the key was detected inside the car. Well, of course it was in the car! I was driving it. I pulled over, turn off the power, restarted, and the warning went away.

I am on the road traveling right now. I will talk to the dealer about these occurrences when I get back home.

Has anyone else had these experiences? I have a 2010 Prius II with only about 1,000 miles on it as of this morning. (I doubt weather has anything to do with it, but yesterday was a wet, misty, light drizzle all day conditions.)

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Did you start a duplicate thread, or is this a new issue for you? There was another thread in the last few days that sounds very much like this one.

As for the brakes, it sounds like you lost traction during braking, which causes the Prius to switch to ABS braking. There are many threads that examine this in detail. A quick search for "braking" or "braking problems" will provide you with lots of reading material.

As for the key error, that usually happens when something blocks the signal from the fob. It can also happen as a red herring error message if the hatch is not fully latched.

Tom

1 person likes this.