1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electric Delorean

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by Skoorbmax, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Electric DeLorean DMCEV: Driving Photos

I think this is just silly. $90-100k or something like that. The Tesla is newer, faster, better range and similar price range.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Back to the future!

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I like EV's but I am not a fan of this. I remember reading about this many years ago. Perhaps someone did a 12v lead acid conversion then, I can't tell if it is the same car redone or just the same care with new publicity. Same reason I don't like the painted Deloreans, it ruins the car.

John had a vision and it was executed to perfection. The US NHTSA required a changed suspension which was sad but why most of us try to put it back to the original Lotus designs.

I love my Delorean with all its little quirks and I will be driving it around when petrol hits $20/gal because it is fun.

4. sipnfuel

sipnfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My Delorean travels 100 years in time with just a few banana peels and half a can of beer.

5. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Another thing that aggravates me is seeing a "Time Machine" conversion. They have to bust out the rear and puncture so many of the stainless panels to do that absurdity... It would be like someone saying, "hey I can improve this painting in the Louvre, less use some permanent superglue and put a digitally remastered version over it!"

If you ever get the chance to ride in a D, do it.

6. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Will it do 88 mph?

1 person likes this.