1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electric Only Mode

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by jpaterik, Jul 19, 2008.

1. jpaterik

jpaterik Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is there anyone in the south suburbs of Chicago that has experience installing the Electric Only Mode? I haven't purchased one yet, so I may need help in making the right purchase, as well.

Jim
    2008 Prius

2. Priapus

Priapus Alter Ego

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi Jim.
    Wayne Mitchell installed mine and his and perhaps another or two.
    He's at Hybridfest right now so you won't be able to get ahold of him. However, if PM him (FireEngineer) he would probably be more than happy to set you up.

3. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Jim,

Wayne is in Madison, Wisconsin this weekend at the Hybridfest. Not sure how far that is from you, but do PM him to touch base with him as Priapus has suggested. But something that may be closer for you that I think Wayne is also going to be at is the Illinois Renewable Energy Fair at the Ogle County Fairgrounds in Oregon, Illinois on Aug 9th & 10th. See this link http://priuschat.com/forums/local-c...s-energy-fair-hybrid-showcase-8-9-8-10-a.html From that you can click on his screen name to get his PM address & see which will work out best for the 2 of you. Hopefully what you need can be ordered & received by the time he gets to the fair in August.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

4. cubbie2857

cubbie2857 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just ordered the EV Mode kit as well. Looking for someone to install. My mechanical expertise is slim to none. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Lance

5. car2lvr

car2lvr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    cubbie2857 - which EV Mode kit you purchase? The one from Prius chat? It's fairly easy to install and I will be able to help you.

6. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think we'd have heard from him/her by now if the installation isn't complete. That post is from 8 months ago.