1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electric vehicle similar to Cushman?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by ohgreys, Oct 5, 2006.

1. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

I am hoping that somebody will be able to help me find the post I have been looking for. Sometime within the past 4 months there was a thread in which someone mentioned that she had purchased a small electric vehicle to use in town. If I recall correctly, the vehicle was similar to a Cushman but it wasn't a Cushman. It was a plug-in. The poster mentioned that she used it around town where the speed limit was under 35mph and at either home or work where she moved items in and out of a warehouse or outbuilding. Within the same thread, another poster wrote several posts about saving the cost of the vehicle and just using a bicycle. I believe the cost of the vehicle was less than $5K.

I have searched PC using the bolded words above but haven't found the post. Does anybody else remember this thread or anymore details that could help me find it?

I'm trying to find the thread because our Cushman at worked is on its last leg (last wheel, I guess) and I'd like to compare this other electric vehicle to the more costly ($10K-$14K) Cushman that other people want to buy.

2. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

That way ME! I have a Gem EL truck! The 2 seater Gems ar $6,995 brand new. The ELs are of course more. I saved money on my Gem EL because I bought an 05 that had a lot of options with it.

Right now my Gem is getting hard doors on it. You can check out Gems at www.gemcars.com

You can also e-mail me at [email protected] with any questions. I LOVE MY GEM!!!!

3. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

Thank you so much! I will look this info over and then e-mail you if we have any questions.

I was a little off on the price but that is still a good 30% lower than the Cushmans. We should only need a 2 seater.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There were little electric cars on display at the alternative fuel fair in Lacey, WA this spring. I don't remember the details, and I'm not at home now to look for their card.

Maybe if you google electric cars you'd find more than one manufacturer.

Then there's the slightly-over $100,000 all-solar-electric Venturi Astrolab. You can plug it in if you want, but you can also use it all-solar. Doesn't appear to have any luggage space, though.