1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electrical Problems?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by efinden, Dec 20, 2011.

1. efinden

efinden New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Last month my tail light went out and I was pulled over and the cop told me that it was the right tail light. So I bought the bulbs and replaced it. Then someone told me my left tail light was out. Luckily there was second bulb in the package I bought. So I replaced that one. Now tonight somebody flagged me down and told me that both were out. They are only a month old. I got out when I got home and shook both wires connected to the bulb and got them both to work. Please tell me if this sounds like an electrical issue.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It could be, or it could just be loose or cheap bulbs.

Tom

3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Buy some LED's. Worst case you need to check you 13 volt supply, make sure it is not up too high so as to not burn out bulbs before their time!

4. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    One thing you might could do is look into the socket the bulb plugs into, see if there is any corrosion or dirt in there. If so, you might be able to poke in the eraser end of a pencil and twist it to clean the socket. Also, try putting a little dab of electrical connector grease on the base of the bulb, to guard against future corrosion.