1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electrical Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sundevil, Sep 26, 2009.

1. sundevil

sundevil New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am going to install the Kenwood KOS-A300 so that I can get a text display for my Ipod and XM. This unit lets you control a number of add-ons (Ipod, Sat, etc) and has a display you can mount.

Instead of running wires to the fuse box and ground, are there any potential problems with attaching the wires to a power plug and using the cig lighter instead ?

The wires come from a 6 pin molex connected to the Kenwood box. I will not be using many of the wires (mute, etc), just the power and ground.

Thanks for any help.

2. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I can't speak for the device, but so long as you don't blow the fuse, the car will be fine with it. The device might have a problem if it always needs a live connection to maintain memory.

3. sundevil

sundevil New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It does have an ignition (ACC) wire and another one for battery. I guess I will find out when I connect it. Thanks.