1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electronic Flashers for LED Turn Signal?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by robpet, Mar 18, 2009.

1. robpet

robpet New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Have any of you used a replacement flasher relay for your LED turn signal bulbs? I'm thinking of the ones that are labeled as "Eletronic" flashers. It seems like a more elegant solution than load resistors.

2. maseace

maseace Prius enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't think there is one available that fits the Prius. If anyone has found one, please post.

3. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    turn signal bulbs are not LED...so there will not be a electronic/load relay for it...the brakes are LED only...

4. Prius 06

Prius 06 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    go to:
    Super Bright LEDs - Tail Brake/Turn Bulbs

You can purchase the bulbs there as well as a turn signal flasher.
    There is a post on here where the flasher is located but you'll have to do a search for it...biggest thing is getting the right replacement.

5. Prius 06

Prius 06 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
  6. lapd

lapd New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I/ Materials:
    1. Prius 2012 turn signal relay type: CF18-08 8 PIN Toyota Lexus LED relay turn signal flasher, 12V 150W LED Flasher Relay (X1)
    2. Prius 2012 turn signal light bulb type: 7440 LED (X4)

II/ Remove and replace with location:
    1. Remove the Prius signal light bulb by turn and pull the light bulb. The front signal need remove the liner underneath the signal light and in front of the front wheel. The rear light bulb is EZ to locate.
    2. Locate the relay:
    a. Remove driver door silk, remove the bottom leg cover
    b. unscrew the screw and spy the cover that hold hood opener.
    c. Locate the white plastic electric box, unscrew 2 bots(10mm) and lose the box on the side.
    d. Look up to the top, turn the signal on, you will hear the signal sound and you could see the green relay with adapter and wire attached. Touch your hand to the relay you could felt the glitch.
    e. I can’t remove the whole relay but I just remove the adapter by squeeze the lock and pull it straight down.
    f. Plug the LED rely in and place the relay under the old one. Make sure give it support and tape it to make sure it not lose while driving.
    g. Test signal and close everything.

7. ...

... Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just wanted to add that I had great luck with the flasher and bulbs from V-Leds.com.

On the flasher - CLICK HERE

Bulbs I used - CLICK HERE

[​IMG]

On this LED flasher, the only thing different from the one you will be taking out is the "tabs" that extend pass the base of the module. I just broke them off and popped the flasher into place. Now if you're worried about it falling out or backing out, don't be. Once you put the metal plate back in place and secure it with the three nuts, it isn't going anywhere.

Total install time for all 4 bulbs and flasher, maybe 15 minutes max. Super easy to do and it works, I have zero hyper-flash.