1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Elgin Alternative Fuel Vehicle Car Show

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by TonyPSchaefer, Aug 30, 2007.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    On Saturday, Sept 8th, the Downtown Neighborhood Association of Elgin will host an alternative fuel vehicle car show. All Prius owners are welcomed to attend and show their vehicles. If you live in the Chicagoland area and have not received an email from the Chicago Prius Group concerning this event, please let me know. If you can attend this event and are interested in showing your car, please let me know as soon as possible.

Details and a map:
    http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/239986/

120 E. Highland Ave.
    Elgin, Illinois 60120

2. geeky teacher

geeky teacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Cool! I work in Elgin and if I didn't have other committments I'd be there. I'm wondering if the local high school science teacher will be there to explain how his class will be learning how to make alternative fuels and putting together an alternative fuel vehicle. In the newspaper it said he had $10,000 in grant money to develop the course and was looking for some one to donate a car.

3. gkalkas

gkalkas New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Tony,

I would like to come, but can't be there in afternoon. Is it ok to come and go during the day, or must the car be parked all day? :huh:

George

4. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'd like to be there, but I also don't know that I can come for any length of time. Is it possible to come-and-go, or would the cars need to be there at a certain time?

5. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not knowing how the event is to be set up, but since it is in a municipal parking facility, come-and-go should be OK.

Wayne

6. n8kwx

n8kwx Member

Arlington Heights, IL - NW Chicago Suburb
    Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I have some commitments in the morning, but I will be there around lunchtime!

7. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Have a great time at the get-together everyone.
    We'll be with you in spirit as we have our hybrid group meeting in Madison today..