1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Eliminate the Beep in the UK

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by kenninuk, Jul 15, 2005.

1. kenninuk

kenninuk New Member

After six months of Prius ownership I have only three complaints;

1) Although stated as available there is no working Traffic Avoidance option for the UK.
    2) The Beeps made when you use the touch sensitive display are too load.
    3) The reversing Beep is a real pain - why have a beep inside the car and not outside !! Hello, I do believe I know when I am reversing !!

The main reason for this note is point 3. I have tried the very helpful article on getting rid of the reversing Beep but to no avail. I wonder if this procedure applies only to car made for the U.S. market.

Has anyone succeeded in getting this to work in the UK (or other European markets)?

Anyway I guess these are small points on what is otherwise a great commuting vehicle.

Kenn

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The disable doesn't work for European models. We have no idea why. Perhaps there is some European version of the code that we use lol.

Also, that beep, while annoying, is sometimes useful. I disabled mine but on one occasion, I almost ran someone over cause I thought I was in Reverse but I was still in Drive.