1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ELM327 or ScanGauge II

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by chavezone, Aug 18, 2013.

1. chavezone

chavezone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought another Prius a 2012 to ad to my 2006 I bought a year ago, my question is whether I should spend the extra cash on a Scan Gauge or just get the BT Elm327.

I would like to turn of the reverse beep as well as make some other minor modifications, occasional CEL resets.

Any advice ??

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I used the ELM327 to turn off the reverse beep and passenger seat belt beep and haven't touched it since.

Worked fine for the low price I got it for from Amazon. :cool:

SCH-I535

3. Bill Norton

Bill Norton Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    ELM327 / $15 and the $5 Torque app worked for for me on my android phone.

And then I bought $150 Samsung Tab2 7" and I have multiple pages of gauges. Didn't have to repurchase the app.
    One page is just battery related data. One page is just normal engine gauges with a big tach in the middle.
    It is velcro'd just forward of the steering wheel. It also is my music player !!

This is so useful and high tech compared to the scangauge's, straight out of the '70's 2 lines of dot matrix display.

4. chavezone

chavezone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thx I know what I will be buying now.
    Can you recommend an ELM?

5. Bill Norton

Bill Norton Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Look on amazon. There is also a mini version. I have the regular size. Don't know the difference, other than size.

Be prepared to buy something else to put you over the "$25 free shipping" mark !!:)