1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Email from the Toyota dealer in Portland

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by winebuff, May 6, 2009.

1. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    Lol, too funny. I talked to the guy at Gladstone Toyota in Oregon who said the cars will be in on mid May. He just sent me an email to pass on to all of you. (How does he know I am on here every second I can be )Here it is:

"If you are on Prius chat you can let everyone know that the first ship is due to arrive in Portland Oregon on the 12th or 13th at that point they will show in our dealer websight (dealer daily) what we are getting. I will know before it shows and keep you posted. I am waiting for a call that may come in the morning. Have a good night."

What a great guy! He gets an extra special bottle of wine :D

6 people like this.
  2. onehsancare

onehsancare Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Then I guess his boast that he'd have them in the dealership on May 18 wasn't as fanciful as it sounded. . . . I thought it was just wishful thinking. (Not that I wasn't just as wishful!)

3. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    Looks good so far. I will let you know. If you want to contact him, his name is Jon in internet sales. Tell him Julie from Prius chat told you to call. You will be next in line after me :D Good guy if you want a connection to hopefully get your car sooner. I am trying for a specific color and package so may still have to wait. PATIENCE, ughhhhhh

4. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ok that is great to know. Now, for those of you who know how Toyota Distribution works, does anyone know if the cars that are bound for the Chicago region will be loaded on rail from Portland, or from the west coast? If it is Portland, how many days does it generally take to transport from there to the midwest? In other words, if the arrive on the West Coast on the 12th or 13th, when should we be able to reasonably expect the first cars here, on the 18th or 19th?

5. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm jealous! I was hoping for a call from my dealer. Anyway, keep us informed.Hoping to be hearing from a lot of members in the near future as they start coming in.:)

6. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, they get loaded by train at Port maybe a few exceptions, and hit the Chicago area. Usually they get backed up at Chicago, something about the locals not liking train traffic during certain hours, and traffic during other hours. Then they head out from Chicago via train or truck according to destination and proximity. (For my area, I suppose some head out from port on trains to a few different areas.)