1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Emblem Glue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by qmanqman, Dec 15, 2023.

1. qmanqman

qmanqman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    What is the glue that you used to hold the emblem on the front fender? The emblem that says hybrid?

I grabbed one from the junkyard and I had to slice through the glue. My Prius is missing one and I just need to know how to glue it back on.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You can use what they call plastic emblem cement or it might be auto trim cement It's at the auto parts store it's basically a yellow looking stuff you put a little on the put the emblem on the car maybe trace around it or put the glue on the back of the emblem stick it on the car and then remove it put some more glue on the emblem allow the glue to skin about 8 minutes and then carefully stick the emblem back on the glue mark you made on the car initially now let it dry once that stuff cures it's on there pretty good but it can be removed. Another option and it will cost you way more money is to use the black stuff pure polyurethane that they used to mount windshields a tube of that stuff is $30 so it's hardly worth it to buy to put on an emblem but if you use that and put the emblem on you'll almost tear up the fender removing the emblem It is that stout. I would say stay with the permatex or 3M brand trim adhesive that would probably be the most reasonable cost and do the job reasonably well.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Never had to glue one back on, lol... I can tell a heat gun makes short work of getting them off.

How about instead of the emblem you add some side running lights instead?

Tombukt2 likes this.
  4. highmilesgarage

highmilesgarage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    there's a permatex trim adhesive/glue in parts store.

5. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two

3M Plastic and Emblem Adhesive, 08061, 5 oz Tube

Tombukt2 likes this.
  6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yeah that's the stuff I'm talking about the 3M it's like barge cement it comes out yellow put it on the emblem stick it on the car remove it allow it to skin about 12 minutes or something like that then stick it back on It will not be easy to remove Do it with urethane and Lord of Mercy it might tear the fender up taking it off but there's no reason for that.

Georgina Rudkus likes this.
  7. qmanqman

qmanqman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I put that 3M stuff on there and boy is it messy. Stuff got all over the place. I even fumbled with the fully loaded with glue emblem and dropped it on my tshirt. It "was" one of my good tshirts too.

8. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Usually you just put a dab in the middle of the emblem and I mean the size of you know smaller than a dime and not very thick and then you squish it on to where you're going to put it and then you pull it back off and then you let the two pieces separate about 12 minutes and then you put it back onto the spot where you just pulled it off and push it together smartly hold it for a few seconds and it will probably be difficult to pull off. Then there's of course the old standby barge cement.