1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Emblem Tape

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by TheForce, Mar 30, 2006.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just thought I would comment on the Emblem Tape available at Sigma.

I did a quick search here on PC and did not find anything about it so I am making a post incase someone was interested in getting a set but would like to know how it looks before spending $75.

First I would like to say that Sigma is AWSOME! Fast reply to every question i've had and they are helping me get a hard to find part. I highly recommend buying all you prius accessories there.

Now on to the Emblem Tape.

The emblem is by no means a "bumber sticker" type vinyl like the VERY nice vinyl stickers available here on the PC store. I bought a set from here and although I only used the rear GasElectricHybrid sticker I still love it and think its worth the money. The emblem is more like a dealer emblem. Its thick and stands out. Its made of hi quality shiny, plastic? I would say its more like VERY thick vinyl but I could be wrong. Its a Toyota part so you know its going to be good quality and look good on the car. Installation was easy and only took about 15min. I used masking tape to tape the emblem to the car and get it just right on the back doors as per the instructions. I suggust using the masking tape on the top of the emblem so you can use it as a hinge. When every thing was lined up perfectly I lifted up the emblem, removed the the backing and applied the spray. I highly suggest using one or two drops of baby shampoo in a spray bottle or about a 1 to 3 mix of rubbing alcohol and water to cut the water tension. It makes things much eaiser and it helps removing any air bubbles. When done squeegeing just peel off the rest of the tape and you have what you see below.

Is $75 worth it? I say yes because I like it on my car, but different strokes for different folks. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm glad you posted this.

I put my Emblems on about 2 months ago, took some photos I wasn't very happy with and never posted anything as I waited for a good 'blue sky day' to take more and post.

They are very classy and nice looking. The match better, IMO, on my Seaside Pearl than on the red. Also, I put my emblem on the bottom of the door below the indentation where my old Prius Hybrid decals (PJdemmet's decal like sold on Priuschat) were.

I'll try to remember to post some nice photos in this thread soon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Mar 30 2006, 07:07 PM) [snapback]232657[/snapback]</div>

3. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I would love to see pictures of your car and the emblem. Cant wait. :)

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, Sigma is really fast in answering questions. I've lost count as to how many I've asked over a short period. He never complained and just gave prompt and direct answers. I ended up getting the footwell lighting. I'm now waiting for it to arrive.

5. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Hey, didn't I see your car on a recent episode of South Park??

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Got out and snapped a few photos.
    The newest can be seen at the bottom of This Page
    Includes closeups of emblem and my new Shark Fin Antenna.
    [​IMG]

7. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thats very nice! If I had to do it over again I would probably put mine down there.

The more I see that shark fin the more I want to get one. The only problem with the sharkfin that I see right now is I want to fit FM,GPS, and WIFI under there and maybe a small TV antenna. I found something like that on mp3car.com but i'm not sure it could be modified to do what I want.