1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Emergency Assistance Kit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Claw, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Claw

Claw New Member

Did anyone get the emergency assistance kit with their Prius? I didn't get it with mine, but I noticed it is available online for about $70. Is it worth it? It includes several different tools but how is the quality of each component? Are there other kits out there that are better?

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Claw, welcome to the site. I belive you should be able to assemble your own emergency kit and tailor it to your needs cheaper than you can buy Toyota's kit from the dealer. Did you look around the auto parts store?

3. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have the kit. If it wasn't included with the car, I wouldn't have bought it.

I've had the car since April 2006 and have never opened the kit!

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mine didn't come with one.

I created my own first aid kit and my own roadside emergency kit.

I think you can create something customized for your needs for less than the $70.00 the kit costs.

I keep my first aid kit in the bottom glove compartment and the emergency kit in the bottom cargo area.

5. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Claw @ Jul 27 2007, 03:02 AM) [snapback]486003[/snapback]</div>
    The contents of that kit cost about $5.00 Do the math. Requiring that as part of the purchase and charging $70 is the #1 thing that irks me about Toyota. Its only purpose is to squeeze your wallet a little more.

6. Claw

Claw New Member

Thanks for the replies. I actually was searching today at the auto store and found better kits at better prices.

Rick: I hope I never need to open to kit either, but you never know. That's what it's there for.

7. llyons

llyons Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Good! LOL - The last car I had included a First Aid kit. Never even moved it from it's spot! Ended up selling it on Ebay after trading it into the dealer. It's amazing what people will pay for "official" things. Glad you found something better and saved a bunch of money too! ;)

8. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine came with the official Toyota Time Machine.

That made it worth just over $70.