1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Emergency Brake Position

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ITGuy1024, Apr 27, 2010.

1. ITGuy1024

ITGuy1024 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So not the question you might think. I'm wondering if there is anyway to "move" the emergency brake pedal back a little. When I am driving the pedal is pushing on my shin. I know I can move the seat and what not but the most comfortable spot seems to ram my shin into the pedal.

Ideas?:confused:

1 person likes this.
  2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It would seem that if your shin is hitting the parking brake, you must be sitting too close to the steering wheel. Do you have short arms or long legs?

Tom

3. snookums

snookums Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :lol: I thought I was the only one!

I have my seat all the way back, and I considered shortening the pedal, but I think I've found a better solution. With my old car I used to put my left foot down beside my right foot resting on the back. Now I just keep my left foot up by the seat, so my leg is basically at a 45degree angle; makes holding the wheel with my left hand far more comfortable.

4. ITGuy1024

ITGuy1024 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Short arms and legs. I'm about 5'6" - 5'7".

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Interesting. I am also 5'7", but have long arms and legs for my size.

One of the problems with the Gen II Prius is the lack of a telescopic steering wheel. I sit a little farther forward than I do with other cars, just to get a comfortable grip on the wheel.

What seat angle do you use? In your situation I would put the seat all the way up, and move it back a notch.

Tom

6. preeyus06

preeyus06 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    what your seat goes up and down?! the only thing i can adjust on my seat is the back rest and moving it closer/further from the steering wheel.