1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Emergency Key/Valet Key

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Stephanie W., May 15, 2013.

1. Stephanie W.

Stephanie W. New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yesterday, I took my Prius to a parking lot. I normally just give them my entire key fob, however because the guy said he might be leaving early - he had me take the emergency key and he placed the smart key part under the mat so I could unlock the car.

However, now when I walk up to my car, it no longer automatically opens. And when I just to start my car without the key in the holder, it doesn't.

Did he do something funny? Do I need to reset anything? Do I need to yell at the valet guy?!

2. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    There are buttons under the dash, directly under the sterring column to turn the SKS on and off. Maybe he didn't like your tip, or he was a butthead, and turned it off...

If it's not that, it's a dead battery in your FOB or your 12V battery may be dying. Especially if it's the original.