1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Emergency stain removal for seats - found by accident

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by aarons12, Dec 13, 2004.

1. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

This past weekend we went away and I ended up spilling a few drops of coffee between my legs and onto the seat. only problem was i didn't realize it until the next morning when everything had dried...

since we had packed overnight, i remembered that we would have 'contonelle' wipes in the suitcase... those little 'personal hygeine' things. i figured for one thing they would be gentle.

lo and behold, a little rubbing with one of the wipes and the stain was completely gone, no residue, no ring from the wetness, nothing. i was impressed with the fabric. i'm gonna carry a few of these in my car in a ziploc bag!

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the tip, I'll have to get some too ...just in case...opps

3. wildplaces

wildplaces Junior Member

I found that Woolite © carpet cleaner worked fine for my new Silver front seat...found a rust-colored stain last weekend and it came right out.

wildplaces

4. reesdude

reesdude New Member

is a 'contonelle' wipe those small wet napkins that come in a square wrapper?

5. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I can beat that hands down. I dropped 3 blueberries from a danish between my legs and didn't realize it until the next day. I had big ground in blueberry stains. One week later, I took a white wash cloth with a little plain water and in thirty seconds the stain was completely gone. I was so impressed, I bought a sofa with the same fabric. I have removed many tough stains since then with a clean white cloth without a single failure. I wouldn't use anything else.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Oh it's going to be years before I'm comfotable eating my my car.

7. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had ink and chocolate on my seat.. different occasions. They both came of on my pant leg.. hehe. nothing sticks to these seats. If they do, just use water and a wash cloth.

8. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I know the manufacturer of the fabric has a guide on how to remove various stains (I thought I read about it here). I can post the pdf if it's not on the site anywhere (if I can find it again). As I recall, basically water or alcohol will take out most any stain.

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Ray... does that mean you know what fabric is in the Prius?

10. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Had some grease or black stuff on my carpet mats *cries* the day we got it (this sat). Took them out and used some tide with color safe bleach to get it out.

stunk up the dryer

11. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  12. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok so we know this for sure?

previous threads here seemed to have a lot of confusion as to exactly what the fabric was. also as i remember it, no one could produce any official Toyota literature that specified the fabric.

13. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    no.. we do not know it for sure... from what i've seen Alcantara looks a littler different. Our prius is badged with ti Isofix in the rear seats. So.. i'm guessing it's Isofix.. but either way.. it's good material. What we really need is a picture of the light colored prius compaired to the greys... is it whtie seats? my seats are grey. I hear in europe and other regions it's Alcantara. Either way, we had a threat on this earlier and decided it was not Alcantara.

I'll email them and ask if they installed it or sold it to Toyota for the prius. It's supposed to be.. but we heard only on certain models. Plus.. Alcantara has moer of a crush velvet type of look to it.

14. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  15. Silverback

Silverback New Member

Just checked the Alcantara website. Like V8CobraKid, I found they name a lot of auto manufacturers who use their fabric, but Toyota doesn't seem to be one of them.

Isofix is the trademark for the childseat fixation system that newer vehicles have.

16. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So Isofix designed those loops that are in the seats that bolt to the car right before the hybrid battery? you can see them if you fold the rear seats down.. well.. as they are folding they become visible

17. Heikki

Heikki Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Prius upholstery

Standard upholstery in the USA and Europe is Jersey/tricon.
    In Europe you can have Alcantara as an option. In Finland Alcantara upholstery is green.

18. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    well one of them is LATCH and the other is ISOFIX. I think you might be right as to ISOFIX is the bar and LATCH are the three anchors on the seatbacks

19. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i have seen plenty of discussions that claim that alcantara is not in the Prius. a few people who had access to verifiable alcantara have stated that the material in the Prius is different.

whatever it really is (i dont really care to be honest with ya. up until the first alcantara thread, i had never heard of the stuff and its hard to miss something you never had) it is very very stain resistant and i like it whatever it may turn out to be

20. Batavier

Batavier Member