1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Emergency Stop

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Begreen, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife came home tonight visibly shaken. A car pulled out from an intersection at the last second, right in front of her. She slammed on the brakes and avoided an accident. Thank goodness for the new tires and safety systems all working together to stop the car quickly. She was impressed.

As she was recovering, she said the car said something to her. She was so flustered and angry at the idiotic driver that she didn't remember what it said. Is there an alert system that triggers in sudden braking? I can't find anything in the manual about this. It is possible she ht the cellphone button when she went to hit the horn, so maybe this is nothing. I'm glad that she and the car are ok. At least I think so, I haven't tried it out since, :unsure: but she says it seems fine.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i've made a couple panic stops and haven't heard any beeps. probably nothing. glad she made it home safe! :eek:

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Maybe the car was saying, "Thank You." :eek:

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Or "Are you all right?" :)

Glad she's ok.

5. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I am certainly saying thank you back to it!

Domo origato Pri san!

6. rg3design.com

rg3design.com Junior Member

I was in an absolutely insane close call on the Garden State Parkway several months ago. I didn't notice any sort of warnings go off afterward but I was impressed at the Prius's handling ability. It took my swerves and hard breaking fairly well. And I'm sure if it could talk it would have told me, "THANK YOU" since I was convinced that when everything was happening I'd be kissing my Prius goodbye.

7. gregvr

gregvr New Member

Once, when it was really snowy and icey, I took a turn a bit too fast and slid a little bit.

The yellow "sliding car icon" came on and "beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep!"

I actually liked it-- didn't find it distracting at all, made me realize that something was wrong!

8. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The other day I accidentally touched the "Voice" button on the steering wheel as I started and the car said something like, "This command is not recognised..." although I hadn't said anything. I suggest that's what happened in this case. I've never used the spoken commands so I'm not familiar with the way it works. I think there's something about it in the Nav system manual, not the main manual.