1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Emerging Issue: Aftermarket Bluetooth (No #9 Package)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by RobertO, Feb 25, 2004.

1. RobertO

RobertO New Member

I bought an AM-7 package on purpose. It met all my atuomotive needs at a price point that made sence to me.

Nw it's time for my next steps, because:

1. My eMac running both Panther and Windows XP at home has Bluetooth.

2. My Palm Tungsten T3 has Bluetooth.

3. There are some really cool, inexpensive Bluetooth applications and firmware, like GPS for Palm, integrated telephony, reminders, calendars, various Players, etc. for about $ 125.00 that could "play" via the Prius display.

Can we begin a "Bluetooth Hack" Category for those of us who DO NOT have Package 9 but believe that there certainly ought to be a way to display and activate non-Toyota Bluetooth applications via the dashboard screen and activate other non-display vechicle or household control functions via a PDA, tablet, PC or Bluetooth enabled phone from onur "non-Package 9" Prius?

Calling all GearHeads!

Bob

2. m1j1tc0rn

m1j1tc0rn New Member

even with package 9 is there a way i can use any btooth devices on the prius other than a phone?
    -r

3. mboileau

mboileau New Member

I don't believe so (but will humbly apologize if proven wrong). The literature on the Bluetooth connection on the Toyota website discusses that it should support any mobile pohne that uses a particular communications protocol reserved for that purpose (sorry, can't recall the buzzword). Obviously there are other devices such as network interfaces and printers that also use Bluetooth, but that in itself won't make them work with the car.