1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Energizer Battery Jumper for 12V to the Rescue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by hb06, Oct 6, 2013.

1. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My Optima 12 volt battery died within 1 year. I just received the Energizer 84022 12V 350Ca Jump-Start System from Amazon. It has a smart charger and can be left plugged in all the time. It also has a cigarette lighter socket and dock for optional 200w inverter. This small unit jumped my 2007 Prius 12 volt battery from under the hood fuse box with positive, red, cable-side clamp attached to the small, positive plate next to the bolt under the red cap. The negative, black, clamp attached to the negative bolt to the rear of the fuse box. Although the unit worked well, there was not supposed to be an audible alarm when the clamps are correctly clamped. However, when the unit was turned to Jump, the sound stopped, and the battery jumped right away. I feel more at ease having a battery jumper on hand.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds pretty sweet! do u have a link? thanks for the fyi!(y)

3. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here is the Amazon link to the Energizer Battery Jumper. Easy to use and maintain, and the size is small and easy to manage. Charge the unit for 24 hours or maybe a little more until green light comes on. FYI, others also got a sound after they were sure they were Correctly Connected, but it jumps right away. In the event you received a defective or damaged unit, Amazon will just send you a free replacement and you would properly recycle the defective one. I am also going to get the optional 200w inverter that slides into the dock on the back. Could be useful in an emergency.

bisco likes this.